The following are some of my favorite and most often used resources for children, parents, and adults. Enjoy!
- "Is a Worry Worrying You?" by Ferida Wolff and Marie Le Tourneau
- "Peaceful Piggy Meditation" by Kerry Lee MacLean
- "Today I Feel Silly & Other Moods That Make My Day" by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Too Much, Too Little, Just Right- a charades-type game designed to teach behavioral regulation. Fun!!
- "Dude, That's Rude (Get Some Manners)" by Pamela Espeland & Elizabeth Verdick
- "Putting on the Brakes: Young People's Guide to Uderstanding ADHD" by Patricia O. Quinn & Judith M. Stern
- The Ungame- a game of no right or wrong answers and no winners or losers. Designed to learn the thoughts, feelings, and viewpoints of a teen in a non-threatening way
- "1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12" by Thomas W. Phelan
- "Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete Authoritative Guide for Parents" by Russell A. Barkley
- "The Explosive Child" by Ross W. Greene
- "The Feeling Good Handbook" by David D. Burns
- "The Write Way to Wellness: A Workbook for Healing and Change" by Kathleen Adams (great for folks who love to journal)
- "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend